Saturday 27 August 2011

Crochet craze

I've got a new craze...crocheting...and this is how it started. I saw a baby girl wearing a headband, it looked soooo pretty I decided to get Miss M one. I went onto EBay, where I discovered hundreds of the most gorgeous headbands! I couldn't choose, I got two. One of them has a white delicate crocheted flower. So pure, so chic. I immediately felt WANTIES to have crocheted headbands in every colour and size! So I thought, why don't I make some myself? So I went back onto EBay and got some yarn, hooks and beads. Then I found some foolproof tutorials on YouTube and TA-DAH! L-O-V-E-L-Y!

I got some more yarn, and I desperately needed a bag to keep it in. I saw this craft bag and fell in love with it. So scrumptiously flowery, with wooden handles and beige polka dot background...yummy!


Look, my yarn LOVES living in it!


Next I decided to get myself A BOOK with patterns. I went on Amazon... and I couldn't choose, I had to have every one! So now I own a small library of crochet books and hours and hours of varied  blissful hooking.

And this is my first pattern. I spent an evening  and the whole next day trying to decode this Japanese crochet language. I made mistakes, I hooked and unravelled the yarn back a million zillion times, but I DID IT! Yeey!

No comments:

Post a Comment